30 pieces in 30 days
The 30×30 show is a great way to explore any theme or style by creating one panel that displays 30 works that are 6 inches by 6 inches each, or 3 dimensional work that is no bigger than 6 x 6 x 6 inches. We cannot accommodate any 3 dimensional artwork unless it is mounted on the wall with shelves attached to your board. Use the 30-day work period restraint to challenge yourself to create constantly. Each piece will be sold individually, giving viewers the unique opportunity to take home artwork that they may not be able to afford otherwise. So, do you accept our challenge?
Exhibition Dates: November 26, 2021 – January 8, 2022
Deadline to enter: October 15, 2021
Artist Notification: October 22, 2021
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: November 7, 2021
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: November 21 & 22 (10am to 3pm)
Opening Reception: December 18, 2021
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: January 9 & 10 (10am to 3pm)
- Open to all artists
- All artwork must be original and completed within the 30-day period
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All artwork must be for sale
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales and members receive a 60% commission.
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for return of artwork
- Each piece of art is 6”x6”
- 5 pieces across, 6 down
- The board should be 36” wide and 48” tall
- Use 3/8” thick plywood to mount your work on.
- BOTH SIDES of the plywood must be painted with Behr premium white flat paint.
- You may choose how each piece hangs on the plywood (i.e. nails, hooks, etc.) But the pieces must be ready to hang and you have to have prepared the plywood with the hanging devices.
- There does not need to be a hanging device on the back of the plywood. We will be screwing the board directly into the wall.
- Please number each piece on the back so that we know what order to hang them in.
- Measurements on the board should be as follows:
- We ask that all 30 pieces of art be priced to be sold individually (i.e. $25 per piece, instead of $1000 for all 30 pieces)
- While you may come up with the price for your work, the majority of the sales in the show last year were in the $35-$75 range.
- The artist will need to agree that the price submitted in the online call to artist application form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change thereafter. Please note, the gallery sales commission is 50% for Non-Members or 60% for current Artist Members.
Applicants must apply using the form on the Blue Line Arts website, http://www.bluelinearts.org/call-to-artists. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
Artists should submit three examples of work that are similar to the 30 x 30 series they hope to create once they have been chosen participate in the show. Examples of work are not required to follow the 6”x6” guidelines, but should accurately represent the style and medium of the series the artist will create for the exhibition.
Questions: If you have any questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org