We are looking for 1 to 7 installation artist teams or individuals to help us transform our space into a haunted gallery for two weeks. Artists may submit a photo of a pre-existing installation that can be modified to fit the gallery, or submit a sketch and proposal for commissioned work. Remember, we’re looking for high art horror. We prefer to steer away from the literal Halloween symbols such as pumpkins, black cats, witches or any other cliché Halloween symbols of any kind. Let’s get dark and spooky.
Deadline to enter: August 30, 2019
Artist Notification: September 1, 2019
Installation: October 27 and 28 from 10 – 3 pm
Exhibition dates: October 29 – November 9, 2019
Opening Reception: October 31, from 5 pm – 8 pm
Closing Reception: November 2, from 5 pm – 8 pm
Deinstallation & pick up any unsold work from Blue Line Arts: November 10th or 11th, from 10 – 3 pm
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: November 10 or 11, 10 am – 3 pm
- Artists must be able to come to the gallery and install their work on October 27 or 28 from 10 – 3 pm.
- Volunteers will be available to assist.
- No sawtooth hangers
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified.
- Size limitations
- Must be able to fit your materials through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91”w
- Our ceilings our 10’ high
- Artists submitting a proposal for commissioned work should request a budget of no more than $1,000. Projects demonstrating sensitivity to budget concerns will be given priority.
Pricing and Sales Agreement
- Artwork is not required to be for sale because of the site specific nature of installation, but you may submit a price if you would like to sell.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date. Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions.
- The artist agrees that the price submitted in the online application will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change thereafter. Please note, Non-members receive a 50% sales commission and current Artist Members receive a 60% sales commission.
Application Requirements: Applicants must apply using the form on the Blue Line Arts website, http://www.bluelinearts.org/call-to-artists. You must be 18 years or older to apply. There is no fee for entry.