Blue Line Arts is inviting artists and artist teams to submit their qualifications to be considered for future public art projects or events in the greater Sacramento region.
As a regional arts hub, Blue Line Arts works as a facilitator, connecting artists and communities implementing new projects. We also initiate public art projects and events in our region.
Unlike an RFP, this RFQ does not solicit design work or quotes on a specific project. Applicants should not include any specific proposals at this time.
If you would like to join our Artist Roster to be considered for public art opportunities through 2025, please submit an application and indicate what types of projects you would be interested in receiving outreach for.
This is for public and performing arts only. If you are a visual artist interested in submitting an exhibition proposal, you can submit here.
Open to: Visual Artists, Theatre, Dance, Music
Deadline: Rolling. We will post registration cutoffs for individual projects as they become available. We encourage you to submit as early as possible to be considered for 2022-23 projects. We reserve the right to close application at any date the organization deems necessary.
Local studio artists with little or no public art experience who are interested in entering the public art field are encouraged to apply. Artists working in any media may apply individually or as an artist team.
Artists with no public art experience should demonstrate:
• An interest in learning about and working in the public art realm;
• An interest in or prior experience working on community-centered projects;
• Artistic merit and conceptual strength;
Artists with prior public art experience should demonstrate:
• Innovative approaches to materials, methodologies, and public engagement;
• Professional and technical capacity to plan, coordinate, and execute a public artwork in collaboration with BLA staff, contractors, and the general public
1. CONTACT INFORMATION: Including full name, business name (if applicable), mailing address, telephone, and email. Teams must identify one artist to be primary contact
2. CURRICULUM VITAE (PDF or DOC format only)
3. COVER LETTER: (Optional – PDF or DOC format only, 1 page max). Briefly introduce yourself, your artistic practice and experience.
4. ARTWORKS OR PAST PROJECTS / MEDIA FILES [max ten (10) files; JPG format only 5mb max]; Submit images of completed artwork; teams are encouraged to include projects created by the team. Each of the image files must include the title of the image, year, size, materials, and brief description.
Please use only the application link provided and do not email application documents, they will not be entered.
If you need assistance completing the application, please contact us: email@example.com