Blue Line Arts is looking for artists working in any glass technique to submit their work for our newest showcase, “The Cutting Edge – A Contemporary Glass Exhibition” in Roseville, California.
For thousands of years, the incandescence of glass has been transformative for society. Today, artisans continue to provide humankind with an awareness of this marvelous medium through experimental methods. Artists who have created work using any of the following techniques are encouraged to apply: blowing, cold-working, copper foil, flame-working, fusing, hot-sculpting, kiln-casting, leading, pâté-de-verre, slumping and more.
- Exhibition Dates: September 2nd – October 14th, 2023
- Deadline to Enter: July 7th, 2023
- Artist Notification: August 4th, 2023
- Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: August 19th, 2023
- Deadline to hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: August 27th & 28th from 10:00am-3:00pm
- Opening Reception: Saturday, September 16th from 5-7pm
- Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: October 15th & 16th from 10:00am-3:00pm
Fees & Prizes:
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $100
- All artwork submissions must be composed of at least 50% glass.
- Open to all artists everywhere, national and international.
- All artwork must be original and completed within the last two years.
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts.
- Two-dimensional artwork must be ready to hang
- Wire must be installed
- No sawtooth hangers
- All artwork must be for sale
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions.
- Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales.
- Blue Line Arts Artist Members receive a 60% commission on any sold works. Blue Line Artist Membership starts as low as $75 and is valid for one year starting the day you join.
- All artwork images must be renamed in the following format: LastNameFirstName_ArtworkTitle
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label
- from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for return of artwork.
- Artists are strongly encouraged to obtain their own insurance for their artwork. Blue Line Arts will not be held liable for any artwork damages obtained during shipping.
- Art must be able to enter through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91”w
- Ceilings in the gallery are 10 feet high. Art installations can be suspended from the ceiling.
- Nothing over 100 lbs will be accepted.
Application Requirements: You must be 18 years or older to apply. There is a non-refundable entry fee of $25.00 for submitting a minimum of 1 work and a maximum of 10 works. All applications will be submitted online via callforentry.org
If you have questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during gallery hours at (916) 783-4117 or at email@example.com