Learn the ancient technique of encaustic painting!
Sat, November 16 / 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Learn the art of Encaustics in this beginner workshop! We will cover the following:
- Tools and safety
- A brief history of Encaustics
- How to set up an easy and inexpensive encaustic space
- Basic skills: fusing and layering wax
- Extra Techniques: collage, adding images and mixed media, incising the wax
Students will leave with
- 4 completed projects
- Having confidence and knowledge in this ancient and luminous medium
- Packet of written material
- Comprehensive Resource List
Ephemera List for Students (this will make your work personal)
- Any small doo-dahs you would like to try including in a piece
- Papers: old dictionary pages, children’s books, sheet music, maps, technical diagrams, maps etc – Not cardstock or glossy magazine pages
- Fabric, netting, lace, decorative paper napkins, etc.
- Inkjet copies of images or photos on regular copy paper
We’ll be working in a 4” x 4” to 8” x 8” format, so you can plan your images accordingly.
Teaching Artist: Linda Nunes
Saturday, November 16th from 10am to 2:30pm
*Memberships start as low as $60 for the year starting the day you join!
Space is limited to 12 students.
Reserve your seat Today: