Learn the ancient technique of encaustic painting!
Sat, November 16 / 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Learn the art of Encaustics in this beginner workshop! We will cover the following:
- Tools and safety
- A brief history of Encaustics
- How to set up and easy and inexpensive Encaustic space
- Basic skills: fusing and layering wax
- Extra Techniques: collage, adding images and mixed media, incising the wax
Students will leave with
- 4 completed projects
- Having confidence and knowledge in this ancient and luminous medium
- Packet of written material
- Comprehensive Resource List
Ephemera List for Students (this will make your work personal)
- Any small doo-dahs you would like to try including in a piece
- Papers: old dictionary pages, children’s books, sheet music, maps, technical diagrams, maps etc – Not cardstock or glossy magazine pages
- Fabric, netting, lace, decorative paper napkins, etc.
- Ink jet copies of photos – black/white or color (not original photos)
We’ll be working in a 4” x 4” to 8” x 8” format, so you can plan your images accordingly.