From Leonardo da Vinci to Frida Kahlo, learn & create like the greats!
Youth & Family Programs
Wed, January 16 / 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
High school students will take a dive into art history to learn about the masters and their respective art movements. Participants will create their own projects on paper and canvas using techniques & materials in the style of the greats. Enjoy the creative process and discover the wide range of methods employed by the most well-known artists in the world and then break all the rules to make your own work!
Weekly Lesson & Project Plan:
- Pablo Picasso: Cubism Painting & Drawing
- Andy Warhol: Pop Art Painting
- Vincent Van Gogh: Impressionist Painting
- Frida Kahlo: Self-Portrait Painting
- Leonardo da Vinci: Calligraphic Drawing
- Mary Cassatt: Pastel Painting
Teaching Artist: Teagan McLarnan
Start Date: 1/17/2019
End Date: 2/21/2019