Learn how to use encaustics and make your own painting with Linda Nunes!
Sat, November 14, 2020 / 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Join us for a 4.5-hour workshop to dive into learning how to create using the luminous and unique medium of encaustic! A medium that happily combines collage, photography, oils, watercolor and more! We will complete several projects during the workshop to explore different layering techniques and best practices as you make your own work!
We will cover the following:
- Tools and safety
- A brief history of Encaustics
- how to set up an easy and inexpensive encaustic space
Basic skills: fusing and layering wax
Extra Techniques: collage, adding images and mixed media, incising the wax
Students will leave with:
- 4 completed projects
- Having confidence and knowledge in this ancient and luminous medium
- Packet of written material on encaustics
- Comprehensive Resource List
Ephemera List for Students to bring their own material (this will make your work personal) :
- Any small doo-dahs you would like to try including in a piece (mis-matched earrings, ribbon, string, stamps)
- Papers: old dictionary pages, children’s books, sheet music, maps, technical diagrams, maps etc – Not cardstock or glossy magazine pages.
- Fabric, netting, lace, decorative paper napkins, etc.
- Inkjet copies of images or photos on regular copy paper (we’ll be working in a 4” x 4” to 8” x 8” format, so you can plan your images accordingly)
Teaching Artist: Linda Nunes
Date: Saturday, November 14th
Workshop is limited to 10 participants. Each participant will be provided with their own workstation. Health and temperature checks will be made at the door for workshop attendees. Please follow social distancing guidelines and wear a mask to help protect others. Thank you
All materials and instruction are included in registration.
Member Price*: $185
Non-Member Price: $225
*Members must sign in to account to unlock member pricing