We are opening up our Feature Foyer for a Holiday Art Show! We are looking for saleable items to be featured in our most visible exhibition space that has 8 large public facing windows!
We are looking to feature paintings and handcrafted items, including everything from furniture, elegant vases and jewelry boxes to wall hangings, pottery and sculpture made by hand from glass, clay, wood, metal, fiber and more. This call is open medium, though we are looking for artwork with content that would be appropriate for a holiday gift!
This is not the application for the Art Bazaar. Information on the Art Bazaar can be found on our Calls to Artists Page.
We are looking for items that are readily saleable. We will be selling artworks off of the wall and will be offering restocking opportunities if your artworks sell! This show will be happening alongside our annual 30 x 30 challenge which brings in a large crowd of holiday gift buyers! It is a great opportunity to acquire new art collectors and gain a lot of exposure!
We recommend that works featured in this space be listed under $500. Since we are offering the opportunity to restock we would like to feature works that are priced to sell to our holiday crowds!
We will also be hosting a print shop for high quality unframed prints for artists who are featured in this round of exhibitions. Prints will have to be sized (20″ x 32″ or smaller) to fit in our print shop display.
This exhibition will be curated by Blue Line Staff.
Deadline to enter: October 15, 2021
Exhibition Dates: November 26, 2021 – January 8, 2022
Artist Notification: October 22, 2021
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: November 11, 2021
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: November 22nd & 23rd (10am to 3pm)
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: January 9th & 10th (10am to 3pm)
● Open to all artists over 18
● All artwork must be original and completed within the last two years
● Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
● All wall pieces must be ready to hang
● All artwork must be for sale!
● Accepted artwork that differs significantly from the image in online submission will be disqualified
● No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
● Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales and members receive a 60% commission
● Size limitations: art must be able to enter through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91”w. Ceilings in the gallery are 10 feet high. No work over 60 lbs will be accepted.
● The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters.
● All shipping of fragile art must be packed as in this link. Please visit: https://www.fedex.com/downloads/shared/packagingtips/howtopack.pdf
Entry Fees: This opportunity is free to apply to for active Blue Line Arts members with an artist level membership or higher. There is a non-refundable entry fee of $25 for non-members. The application allows you to submit up to 10 artworks to be reviewed by staff and possibly featured in the show!
Application Requirements: Applicants must apply using the form linked in the apply button below. It will prompt you to sign in to your Blue Line Arts account for membership pricing, or apply as a guest with an application fee. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
Questions: If you have any questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org