Since the first ceramics were created, like Venus of Dolní Věstonice, before 25,000 BCE and pottery vessels that were discovered in Jiangxi, China, which date back to 18,000 BCE, people have been fascinated with clay. Today, artists continue to astound us as they push the boundaries of our preconceived ideas of what ceramics represent. From playful pieces disguised as everyday objects, to finely detailed vessels, ceramics delights and surprises us in its evolution. Whether you work in a more traditional style, or prefer completely outlandish creations, we want to showcase your vision and techniques from around the world during this annual show.
Exhibition Dates: May 21, 2021 - July 3rd, 2021
Deadline to Enter: April 9th, 2021
Artist Notification: April 16th, 2021S
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: May 2nd, 2021
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: May 16 & 17, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Opening Reception: June 19th, 2021, 5-8 p.m.
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: July 5 & 6th, 10 a.m - 3 p.m
- Open to all artists 18 and older
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All artwork must be for sale
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition priorto the closing date
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from the image in the online submission will be disqualified
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions.
- Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales
- Members receive a 60% commission from all gallery sales
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and must include a prepaid label for return of artwork.
- FedEx or UPS ONLY
- No USPS
- Please use blue painters tape to secure wrapping and artwork during shipping-- this ensures we will be able to reuse packing materials for return shipment
- Two-dimensional artwork must be ready to hang
- Wire must be installed
- No sawtooth hangers
Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. The artist agrees that the price submitted in this form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change hereafter. Please note, Non-members receive a 50% sales commission and current Artist Members receive a 60% sales commission.
The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters also please use blue painters tape when you wrap your artwork inside the box.
- Please refer to this link when packing your work. https://www.fedex.com/downloads/howtopack/HowToPack_EMEA_eng_final_Feb23_2010.pdf
Applicants must apply using the form on the call for entry website:
You must be 18 years or older to apply. There is a $35 fee to submit your work, with up to 3 images. For any additional images, it is $5 per image.
If you have questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during gallery hours at (916) 783-4117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org