Pop art is an art movement that emerged in the United Kingdom and the United States during the mid- to late-1950s. The movement presented a challenge to traditions of fine art and participated in social commentary by including imagery from popular and mass culture, such as advertising, comic books and mundane cultural objects. We want to see what you have to say about our society through examining cultural artifacts in the year 2020.
Exhibition Dates: March 27 – April 25, 2020
Deadline to enter: February 14, 2020
Artist Notification: February 20, 2020
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: March 8, 2020
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: March 22 or 23, from 10 am – 3 pm
Opening Reception: April 18, from 5 pm – 8 pm
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: April 26 and 27, from 10 am – 3 pm
- Open to all artists
- All 3-Dimensional work must be wall hung, no pedestal or floor pieces.
- All artwork must be original and completed within the last two years.
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts.
- All 2-D and 3-D works must be ready to hang
- No sawtooth hangers; artworks must have wire installed to hang.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date.
- Size Limitations
- No wider than 24” wide, height can be up to 8’ high.
Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. The artist agrees that the price submitted in this form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change hereafter. Please note, Non-members receive a 50% sales commission and current Artist Members receive a 60% sales commission.
The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters also please use blue painters tape when you wrap your artwork inside the box.
- Please refer to this link when packing your work. https://www.fedex.com/downloads/howtopack/HowToPack_EMEA_eng_final_Feb23_2010.pdf
Application Requirements: Applicants must apply using the form on the Blue Line Arts website, http://www.bluelinearts.org/call-to-artists. You must be 18 years or older to apply. There is a $35 fee for non-members, but members may apply for free.
Questions: If you have any questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email email@example.com