Think outside of the box! Most ceramic art is for the table top or pedestals, but we want to see what you can do with artworks that hang on the wall. Show us what you can do with ceramics that painters can’t do with paintings. This time around, the walls are reserved for clay, so take advantage of this opportunity to have a little fun with the medium. Experiment with texture, color, and the bounds between two and three-dimensionality. This show will be on display in the Westpark Gallery.
Deadline to Enter: March 20, 2020
Exhibition Dates: May 2 – June 13, 2020
Artist Notification: March 27, 2020
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: April 12, 2020
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: April 26 or 27, from 10 – 3 pm
Opening Reception: May 16, from 5 pm – 8 pm
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Arts: June 14 or 15, from 10 am – 3 pm
- 3-D works must be ready to hang
- No sawtooth hangers; artworks must have wire installed to hang.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date.
- Size limitations
- No wider than 24” wide, height can be up to 8’ high.
Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. The artist agrees that the price submitted in this form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change hereafter. Please note, Non-members receive a 50% sales commission and current Artist Members receive a 60% sales commission.Shipping
The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters also please use blue painters tape when you wrap your artwork inside the box.
- All shipping of art must be packed as in this link! Please see https://ceramicartsnetwork.org/daily/ceramic-art-and-artists/ceramic-artists/packaging-ceramics-shipping/
Application Requirements: Applicants must apply using the form on the Blue Line Arts website, http://www.bluelinearts.org/call-to-artists. You must be 18 years or older to apply. There is a non-refundable entry fee for Non-members of $35 for 3 images. Members may apply for free.
Questions: If you have any questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email email@example.com