The Crocker-Kingsley Exhibition was first juried in 1940, a tradition that continues to the present day. Over the past 80 years, this prestigious show has included many premier names in American and California art, including Robert Arneson, Elmer Bischoff, Fred Dalkey, David Gilhooly, Ralph Goings, Gregory Kondos, Roland Petersen, Mel Ramos, Ruth Rippon, and Wayne Thiebaud. In the past, this competition has solely featured California artists. However, starting in 2021, the exhibition will be open to submissions from all artists nationally. Works selected by this year’s juror will be on display in all 4 galleries at Blue Line Arts. Cash awards will be presented for the following:
1st place: $2,000
2nd place: $1,500
3rd place: $1,000
4th place: $750
5th place: $250
Crocker Art Museum staff will select five pieces from the show (which may or may not be award winners), for public display at the museum following the exhibit at Blue Line Arts.
Application deadline: Online applications must be submitted by 5:00pm PST on October 14th, 2022.
Show dates: December 2nd, 2022 – January 14th, 2023
Notifications: Results will be sent by 5pm PST on October 28th, 2022.
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: November 11th, 2022
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: November 27th and 28th from 10am-3pm
Opening Reception – Awards and Crocker Selections announced: December 17th, 2022
Closing Reception and People’s Choice Award announced: January ??, 2023
Pick up unsold work from Blue Line Gallery: January 15th & 16th, 2023 from 10am-3pm
5 Artists Selected for the Crocker Art Museum: ???, 2023
Application fee: There is a non-refundable entry fee for Crocker Kingsley of $45. Additional images may be submitted for $5 each after the first image.
- Open to all artists residing in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
Limitation and restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last two years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang with wire backing (no sawtooth hangers).
- All artwork must be for sale.
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions and receives a 50% commission from all gallery sales for non-members and a 40% commission from artist members. (Artist level Membership costs $75 for the year starting the day you join)
- Accepted artwork which differs significantly from the image in the online submission will be disqualified.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date.
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Post) for return of artwork.
- Size limitations:
Artwork must be able to enter through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91” w. Ceilings in gallery are 10 feet tall.
Application requirements: Applicants must apply using the online application form, available through the Callforentry.org website: *HERE*
There is a $45 fee for all applicants. Up to 10 additional images can be submit for an extra $5/image. Please capitalize first letters of all names, titles and medium in application.
■ Between 1mb and 3mb in size
■ Minimum of 1200 px on one side
■ Images must be in JPG format.
Questions: If you have any questions about submitting to the Crocker-Kingsley Competition, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.